Parental Questionnaire Results
St John the Evangelist Parents and Carers Questionnaire
Please see below the results of your answers which reflect a very positive view of the school as a whole.
The things we are doing well Top 4
- My Child is Happy at St Johns 98%
- My child feels safe at this school 98%
- My child is well looked after in this school. 100%
- My child is well taught at this school 99%
We asked you if there was a particular aspect of the schools work with
which you are pleased
You told us:
- I love the school and really love how my daughter feels a part of a
- family at St. John's.
- Approachable head, staff at reception are polite. Activities for the
- children after school & through PTA. Opportunities to see your child
- in class etc
- Just a very well run school.
- Level of support offered by all staff members.
- Progress made academically and well organised and inclusive culture
- Excellent teaching, lovely staff.
- Management and teaching year 6 teaching and support for SATs exceptional
- The schools provides a good varied curriculum for my child.
- It has a lovely sense of community with everyone in the school working
- hard to ensure the kids educational development and well being.
- Teaching and good communication with parents
- The additional support to families going through upset or trying
- times. I know the school is there to help.
- The friendliness of your staff from receptionist to teachers is
- amazing, always helpful and willing to help whenever needed.
- The intervention groups have had a positive impact on my child's
- learning and self esteem.
- Good Christian ethos
We asked you what we could do to improve life at school for your child
You told us:
- More information on child’s progress rather than just at parents evening
- Less homework
- Only one small point - Increase portion size of school meals for older children.
- Explanations on some homework as methods used in school today differ from how I was taught so phrases/explanations would be helpful
- More competitive sport
- More. Idl lessons
- The school need more space for teaching - classrooms/private areas for small group teaching.